We are seeking a highly organised Finance and Administration Assistant to provide support to the Research Platforms office and our centralised Core Facilities.
Based within the Research Management and Innovation Directorate (RMID) at King’s College London, Research Platforms is a dynamic and fast-growing area of the organisation, with state-of-the-art facilities, supporting innovative research. We offer services to members of King’s College London, other academic institutions and industrial collaborators.
The post holder will work closely with the Business and Delivery Manger and the Research Platforms team, providing day to day administration for finance and reporting activities, including the collation of financial and operating data, invoicing, recharging and the procurement and ordering of consumables.
The position would suit a highly organised, computer savvy individual, with a background in finance administration. We are looking for someone with a proactive and detailed approach, who likes to work collaboratively to bring order, process and maintain high standards.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post
- Manage the financial administration for Core Facilities, generating PO’s, invoicing and dealing with finance queries.
- Prepare and send monthly recharges for each of the core research facilities
- Assist in collating and tracking research project data (finances, facility bookings, user activity, training, and equipment utilisation).
- Support Core Facility teams with day-to-day office organisation and administration.
- Support with the implementation of our new CRM platform, Stratocore, and provide ongoing administration support.
- Act as an administrator for the Core Facilities webpages, reviewing and updating content.
- Provide general administrative support to the Research Platforms Office.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Experience in a finance administration role
- Experience using finance management software suites, creating purchase orders and invoicing
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, able to execute multiple tasks to manage competing priorities
- Highly computer literate and demonstrable ability to use the Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, SharePoint and Teams
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Detailed and focused approach, ability to record and manage data accurately, and in accordance with GDPR and legislation requirements
- Good time management and decision-making skills
- Proactive and flexible approach, able to respond to shifting priorities
- Willing to learn new techniques and skills to support service delivery
- Qualifications in financial/data management
- Previous experience in data management
- Previous experience of working in a university research environment