Our AV-IT Department is seeking a highly skilled Senior IT Project Manager to lead and coordinate projects within its diverse portfolio. You will play a pivotal role in delivering new initiatives, technical systems, and functionality aligned with the School's mission of being a world-class business school. The role involves managing various projects using a range of methodologies, including agile and PRINCE2, ensuring timely delivery within budget and quality parameters.
- Ensuring successful delivery of a portfolio of projects, advocating for School needs within the IT Department.
- Collaborating with internal departments to identify synergies and opportunities for technology reuse.
- Capturing and translating requirements into minimum viable products and prototypes for testing.
- Working closely with School management to align new technologies with the core business strategy.
- Ensuring high-level support, service delivery, and operations transition for projects post go-live.
You should demonstrate the capability to translate business objectives into IT specifications and have experience working in agile or adaptive project management environments. Proficiency in project initiation, planning, reporting, budget management, risk management, and stakeholder management is crucial, as is the ability to manage a program of projects. You should have diverse experience in development projects involving Web, Open Source, Application, and Server-based technologies, along with structured user acceptance testing (UAT) and quality assurance (QA).
Further information on this role can be found in the job description.
The Saïd Business School offers very generous benefits, some of which are:
- Generous holiday allowance of 38 days including bank holidays
- Hybrid working
- Membership of the Oxford staff pension scheme
- Discounted bus travel
- Subsidised onsite catering
- Cycle loan scheme
- Plus, many other University benefits
All applications must include a CV, Supporting Statement/Cover Letter and Current Salary.
The closing date for applications is 5 January 2024 at 12.00 noon. Interviews will likely take place in person on 10 and 11 January 2024.