Location: Sotheby’s Institute of Art–London, Bedford Square
Reports To: Head of Facilities and Operations
Role: 35 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
Responsible for the smooth running of the Reception area you will have a strong customer service background and experience of working in a receptionist or customer facing role. As the initial public face of the Institute you will provide a professional, confident, friendly and helpful interaction with visitors, staff and students. The role will also involve providing general administrative support to members of other departments as required.
- Welcoming visitors to the Institute and directing them to the appropriate department
- Supporting students with their queries and directing to the appropriate person when necessary
- Handling and distribution of telephone and email enquiries
- Ad-hoc support to the Director of the Institute in organisation of meetings, Institute events and administrative tasks as required
- Providing support to the Head of Facilities on projects
- Working closely with other departments providing administrative support
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail on a daily basis
- Provision of cover for other team members who are away including setting up classrooms and cafe area
- Assisting the Facilities team in ensuring compliance with Health and Safety policies and associated statutory requirements
- Assuming role of Fire Marshall during building evacuations
Essential skills and experience
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment or busy reception
- Smart and presentable in appearance
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and politely with customers.
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills and IT Literate
- Proactive, reliable and with an eye for detail
- Ability to be able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of delivering a proactive service
- The ability to work flexible hours on occasion such as staying late to support Institute events, is desirable
Please note the following:
- Please submit your CV and a covering letter addressing the criteria set out in the job description and person specification for this position to: email@example.com Please state where you have seen this role advertised.
- Please include details of 2 referees, one of which should be your current / most recent employer. Referees will not be contacted without seeking prior agreement with applicant.
- Closing date 28 November 2021
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK