The Faculty of Social Science and Public Policy is looking for a Project Manager to work on a varied and wide-ranging set of key strategic projects. The role will work closely with the SSPP Head of Strategic Projects, Associate Director Education, Director of Operations and the Executive Dean, providing the opportunity to work with and support the SSPP Senior Leadership Team.
We are looking for an ambitious individual with excellent organisational, stakeholder management and communication skills. The post would suit somebody who has experience of effectively managing multiple projects and would like to gain exposure to working with senior leaders and decision makers.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Day-to-day management of the SSPP project portfolio
- Manage multiple key SSPP strategic and education projects
- Support the Head of Strategic Projects in developing and implementing a project management framework for the faculty
This role will provide the opportunity to develop a range of project management skills and learn from the wider project management network across Kings College London.
This is currently a hybrid working role where the role holder will spend part of their working week on campus and part of the week working remotely.
King’s is an inclusive and welcoming university. We embrace diversity and want everyone to bring their whole selves to work and succeed. SSPP supports an inclusive culture and diversity for our staff and students. We are committed to encouraging further growth from diverse groups, and we welcome applications from people of all abilities and currently under-represented groups, which we are able to support with our range of flexible and inclusive benefits.
This post will be offered on an a full-time, fixed-term contract until the 15th January 2024 (to cover for a secondment)
- To undertake a variety of projects / work strands, at different stages of the project lifecycle.
- To work with a variety of colleagues across the faculty, including Heads of School, Associate Director Education, Heads of Department and Heads of School Administration, ensuring engagement and collaboration in projects.
- To maintain the Strategic Projects Portfolio and Pipeline, presenting this at monthly Strategic Project meetings with the Executive Dean and the Director of Operations.
- To facilitate task and finish groups, ensuring that outputs are achieved within scope.
- To develop project documentation (project plans, stakeholder mapping, RAID, action, lessons logs) as well as producing project proposal forms for new projects for consideration by the Head of Strategic Projects.
- To complete project status updates and escalate risks.
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the project management framework and associated processes and documentation.
- To deputise for and undertake occasional other duties as directed by the Head of Strategic Projects.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.