This post in the library’s Content and Metadata Services Team will manage electronic resources in Learning Resources, including procurement and subscription management of journals and databases. The post holder will manage subscription information, communicate with and make payments to suppliers, work with usage data, and directly support Library users online and face-to-face.
- Manage the ordering and renewal (including negotiation), and trials, of subscription resources.
- Manage the financial records for all subscriptions (print and electronic), and for licenced e-content.
- Support Library users and via email and face-to-face in the Help Zone.
- Harvest, present and critique usage data for our online journals and databases.
- Interact with our suppliers for the efficient exchange of subscription order and invoice data.
You should have:
- Professional qualification in Librarianship or Information Science or substantial experience in a Higher Education library or in the scholarly publishing industry.
- Experience of managing subscription-based online academic content.
- Experience of working with the acquisitions and discovery modules of library services platforms/library management systems.
- Experience of working with a procurement system.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Dan Croft, temporary Content and Metadata Services Team Leader (email@example.com
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (14.8% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (NHS Dentist, Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button on the Oxford Brookes vacancy page. You will be routed to this when you click on the above “Apply” button. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.