This is an exciting time to join the University of Bristol Careers Service as we implement our five-year careers service plan. You will be joining an innovative and enthusiastic team of employability advisers and consultants based in the Careers Service. You will have responsibility for coordinating professional employability and skills support to the Faculty of Social Science and Law, and Faculty Employability Adviser line management. You will work closely with academics to advise on and deliver curricular and co-curricular employability related activities to students.
This is a full-time fixed term opportunity until 31.7.2024. You can expect professional development opportunities and a flexible working environment with a mixture of at home and on campus working.
What will you be doing?
This role involves:
- Providing consultancy to a number of Schools with the Faculty of Social Science and Law, and oversight of the whole Faculty, advising academics on the best ways to support and develop their students’ employability.
- Designing and delivering appropriate interventions which enable students to identify and articulate the employability skills they are developing within their programme of learning.
- Analysing management information (e.g. student engagement and Graduate Outcomes data) to inform provision of relevant and effective curricular or co-curricular activities within the Schools and Faculty.
- Leading on the development of the employability partnership agreement (EPA) to develop priorities and actions for the Schools and Faculty
- Line management of Faculty Employability Advisers
- Supporting your manager to ensure that the objectives of this team are achieved to a high standard, working closely with other Careers Service teams and colleagues
You should apply if
The role requires ability to work credibly with academics to embed employability in a curricular or co-curricular context. You will need to be:
- Exceptionally organised with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Adept at planning and delivering engaging presentations and workshops using active learning approaches to a variety of student and staff audiences, both online and in person
- Confident using data and feedback to inform planning and service delivery
- Able to engage confidently with students to deliver short 1-2-1 information and advice appointments and/or drop ins
- Able to demonstrate strong people management skills
- Qualified, with a relevant professional qualification or have relevant experience in a careers and employability related setting
For more information, please contact Naomi Love, Faculty Employability Manager - Naomi.firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to answer your questions and tell you more, online or phone.
It is anticipated interviews will be held 19/06/2023 - TBC
We recently launched our strategy to 2030 tying together our mission, vision and values.
The University of Bristol aims to be a place where everyone feels able to be themselves and do their best in an inclusive working environment where all colleagues can thrive and reach their full potential. We want to attract, develop, and retain individuals with different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives – particularly people of colour, LGBT+ and disabled people - because diversity of people and ideas remains integral to our excellence as a global civic institution.