|Salary:||£37,099 to £44,263 pro rata|
|Placed On:||11th September 2023|
|Closes:||9th October 2023|
part time 0.7FTE (24.5 hrs per week)
Fixed Term available from October 2023 to 31st January 2024 (extension subject to continued funding)
The Centre for Medical Informatics at the Usher Institute within The University of Edinburgh is looking for a Research Manager.
The Usher Institute within The University of Edinburgh offers an exciting opportunity to manage projects within the Centre for Medical Informatics portfolio, including a number of prestigious, high profile programme and interdisciplinary grants in health data science. The postholder will be responsible for ensuring timely set up and completion of projects, including planning, agreeing and monitoring all project deliverables, identifying and resolving all project risks and issues, and reporting progress versus plan and budget targets.
Applicants must have a postgraduate degree in a relevant area, experience in clinical trial or research project co-ordination, experience in monitoring and reporting on budgets/resources, experience in submitting grant applications and experience in applying for ethical approval for health-related research.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Dr Serena Tricarico (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Your skills and attributes for success:
1. Post-graduate degree in a relevant discipline e.g. biosciences, epidemiology, psychology, social research methods or equivalent experience.
2. Considerable level of experience in clinical trial or research project co-ordination and monitoring and reporting on budgets/resources.
3. Relevant practical experience of co-ordinating health related research projects.
4. An understanding of financial management procedures.
5. Experience of submitting grant applications to major funding organisations.
Type / Role: