Full Time, Permanent - Working occasional weekends and evenings
Summary of Role
The Visitor Experience Manager has been brought in to align key frontline service activities; these include reception points at; Winterbourne House and Garden, Aston Webb Reception and The Lapworth Museum Reception.
The Visitor Experience Manager will deliver excellent customer service across all of these services, they will be responsible for instilling service consistency, driving and measuring our stakeholder satisfaction, providing one solution for all visitor services, evolving VIP tours and managing the retail opportunities available at these sites.
- Recruitment, induction and training of Visitor Services staff
- Appraisals and performance management of staff, including team and one to one meetings
- Deputise for the Head of Winterbourne House & Garden by attending both internal and external meetings as and when required
- Responsibility for monitoring expenditure in line with budgets and SLA’s, across all front of house. Making recommendations to improve operational effectiveness if necessary, this would potentially include writing a business case and liaising with service providers/contract owners
- Oversee the administration of Winterbourne House & Garden Membership scheme (2000 members) communicate with members regarding new memberships, renewals and ensure Direct Debits and payments are processed
- Oversee the handling of cash and cashing up procedures at relevant sites and income logging on Core systems. Ensure all GDPR and PCI DSS compliance legislation is met.
- Working with HAS Marketing and other internal departments for consistent promotional presence in leaflets, adverts and POS
- Ensure Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service (VAQAS) compliance is met and liaise with VAQAS as and when required including annual external audits
- Liaise with the HAS Health & Safety Manager and site Managers to ensure all Health & Safety (H&S) requirements are met including, the provision of any required personal Protective Equipment, Fire, COSSH training, audits, daily H&S checks electrical testing and produce relevant Risk Assessments for Front of House areas
- An enhanced degree of computer literacy and database knowledge including being able to support the setting up and projection of presentations from laptops.
- Experience of front-of-house in a visitor attraction, hotel, retail or corporate environment.
- Excellent knowledge of excel and experience working with CRMs such as Blackboard or SR0
- Knowledge of legislation regarding PCI DSS and experience of implementing financial systems in complex environments where cash is handled and card payments are processed
- Fluid, confident writing style and excellent command of English language both written and verbal
- Experience of managing a diverse team including across various sites
- Excellent eye for detail and understanding of visual merchandising, branding and marketing
- The ability to write, understand and meet the requirements of Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- An interest and passion for culture, heritage and/or higher education
- Good knowledge of Birmingham’s history and local links
For informal inquiries to Lee Hale – firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time starting salary is normally in the range £30,395 to £39,609, with potential progression once in post to £42,036
Closing date: 22nd September 2019 Reference: 81669
Valuing excellence; sustaining investment
To download the details of this position and submit an electronic application online please click on the Apply Online button below, please quote the appropriate Job Ref in all enquiries, alternatively information can be obtained from http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/jobs/index.aspx