Post-doctoral positions with competitive salary are available at the International Research Center for Green Building and Low-Carbon City (short for Research Center), Zhejiang University (ZJU). The Research Center was newly established by Zhejiang University and locates in the International Campus of Zhejiang University.
The PI of these posted positions are Prof. Yifan Fan. Interested candidates should send their CV to Yifan Fan via email: email@example.com
- Having obtained a PhD degree or research experiences in related areas (Healthy Buildings and Cities).
- Good research potential and capability; high standard of ethics and academic integrity.
Potential research topics for the position：
- Basic governing principles or patterns in urban climate, urban heat island, or urban ventilation; The database construction (data collection) of above research related parameters, including developing data collection methods with deep learning techniques and the recognition of underlying patterns with above obtained data.
- Patterns/routes of disease (such as COVID-19 etc.) transmission in a crowded transportation environment.
Work and Living Conditions:
- The position is for 2 years and can be renewed (another 2 years), depending on the performance of the applicants.
- The annual salary ranges from RMB 350,000 to RMB 600,000 yuan, depending on the qualifications of individual applicants.
- A one-time start-up research fund ranges from RMB 200,000 to 500,000 yuan.
- Preferential policy of renting fully furnished apartment. Enrollment of children in preferred local schools. Fine medical services provided by the two branch sections of the affiliated hospitals of ZJU in the neighborhood of the Campus.
- Career development: Recommendation to tenure/tenure-track position at ZJU upon completion of postdoctoral work. Eligible for Haining local employment support of RMB300,000 yuan total in three years, plus cash subsidy equivalent to 40 m2 of first housing purchased locally.
- During their postdoctoral contracts, candidates will have the opportunity to work at ETH, Switzerland, in the Prof. Jan Carmeliet’s group.