|Salary:||£29,636 to £33,331|
|Placed On:||28th November 2022|
|Closes:||11th December 2022|
Closing Date: 11 December 2022
- ABOUT US -
We are a university with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement, making a major contribution to the economic, social and cultural development of Northern Ireland.
Our core business activities are teaching and learning, widening access to education, research and innovation and technology and knowledge transfer.
- THE ROLE -
The post-holder will deliver research and other activities within the HySAFER Centre and specifically support Ulster University in the delivery of projects in hydrogen safety. The post-holder will provide support across a number of projects in hydrogen safety, particularly through CFD simulation with ANSYS Fluent when required.
This is a full time, fixed-term position (14 months).
From this recruitment exercise, a waiting list will be created for posts which may become available in the next twelve months.
- ABOUT YOU -
The postholder will be required to hold:
- A degree in engineering, technology or related physical sciences subject.
- PhD training in the area relevant to CFD.
- BENEFITS -
- Competitive salary.
- Generous annual leave entitlement promoting a healthy work/life balance - plus, an additional 15 days’ per year when the university is closed.
- Enrolment in USS pension scheme – employer contribution of 21.6%, employee contribution of 9.8%.
- An environment that supports flexible working and allows you to balance both work and home life.
- An open and inclusive environment that celebrates and welcomes diversity.
- Onsite and discounted sports/gym facilities (3 months’ free gym membership at either the Jordanstown, Coleraine, or Magee Campus).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Discounted eye tests with subsequent competitive prescription lenses and frames.
- Exposure to the very latest in cutting edge technologies including Dell, Aruba, Checkpoint, Avaya, feeding your passion for IT.
- Autonomy in your role to make impactful decisions and changes to company processes.
-ATHENA SWAN STATEMENT-
Ulster University holds a Bronze Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advancing gender equality in higher education, read more on our website.The University has a range of initiatives to support a family friendly working environment, including flexible working.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from those with disabilities. Appointment will be made on merit.
Type / Role: