Reporting to the Head of Procurement, you will ensure all objectives in the LSTM group finance strategy are met or exceeded. You will be a proactive member of a team that provides a quality procurement service to ensure value for money for LSTM and its subsidiaries, and you will contribute to the strategic development of procurement activity throughout organisation.
Whilst we want you to bring your own innovative ideas and creativity to this role, there are some key topic areas we’ll need you to focus on:
- Provide advice and support to requisitioners, staff and suppliers in complying with procurement policy in a courteous, patient, and efficient manner. Schedule and chair regular contract meetings with key category suppliers and stakeholders, obtaining supplier performance feedback from stakeholders where appropriate
- Manage and own the Estates category strategy for procurement, including identifying opportunities for savings, threats, and risks, updating the LSTM Senior Management Group (SMG) and other relevant LSTM committees as required. Assess and review sourcing options including UK and overseas, collaborative opportunities and available frameworks, quotations and determining appropriate procurement routes to market.
- Work and liaise with external collaborators and organisations to both shape the future procurement developments and further expand LSTMs collaborative network in HE. You will also work closely with the Northern Universities Purchasing Consortia (NWUPC) and attend meetings as the LSTM representative
- Manage and develop the eTendering system to ensure compliance with UK regulations, whilst ensuring a co-ordinated procurement process through the eProcurement and Finance systems ensuring accurate purchase order administration.
You will need to bring excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and liaise with staff, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders. You will have well developed management, procurement, and problem-solving skills, with a clear ability to work efficiently within a fast-paced environment.
Ideally, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with evidence of continued professional development.
- Experience in procurement of a complex entity; including sourcing products, managing tender processes, using frameworks, and obtaining value for money. Knowledge of procurement policies and procedures including the requisition process
- Experience of using finance and procurement systems, maintaining databases, and using spreadsheets to analyse accounting and procurement information
- Decisive, focused on priorities and goal driven. Can prioritise conflicting requests appropriately and manage a varied workload – with good problem solving and analytical skills, able to determine the impact of an issue quickly and find resolutions
- Able to manage successful relationships throughout and external to the organization, can influence stakeholders and share complex information effectively with managers and service users
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
Closing Date: 19 February 2023
Application Process: To apply for the position please follow the apply link and upload your CV and covering letter.
Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we may close the role earlier than the planned closing date. We conduct a proactive recruitment process, and you may be invited to an interview before the advert closes.
LSTM actively promotes Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding Policies