|Salary:||Full time starting salary is normally in the range £27,924 to £30,497, with potential progression once in post to £34,304|
|Placed On:||2nd September 2021|
|Closes:||30th September 2021|
Location: University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham UK
Located within the College of Life and Environmental Sciences and reporting to the Head of Education Services & Support, the Programme Administration Manager will be based in one of the College’s four schools and have responsibility for the day-to-day management and team leadership of programme administration professional services staff based in the school. The Programme Administration Manager will contribute as part of the wider Education Services & Support management team in the College to the delivery of a student-engaged, integrated, effective and efficient programme administration function for the College, in conjunction as appropriate with colleagues in Corporate Services and other Colleges.
The Programme Manager post is within the Education Services and Support team which enables the efficient delivery of education through our academic colleagues across the College of Life & Environmental Sciences. Programme Managers are required to promote a cross-functional working environment and establish strong working relationships with the College Wellbeing Officers and College Student Engagement Project Officers.
You will lead and manage a professional services team which is passionate about providing excellent administrative support for students and staff.
Duties may vary between teams, but you will be responsible for taking the lead in all aspects of administration supporting academic staff and the delivery of our teaching and research programmes for students.
You will oversee the delivery of all teaching and learning related activity within your designated service area. This will involve managing teams of Professional Services staff and working closely with key senior academic educational leads and the Professional Services network across your designated service area.
You will need to evidence:
• Educated to Degree level (or equivalent level qualifications) - where no equivalent qualification is held, relevant work experience evidencing progression and development together with evidence of the transferable skills and ability to work at this level will normally be required
• Significant practical experience in a similar role
• A levels or an equivalent level 3 qualification, such as a Level 3 NVQ, or level 3 national diploma.
• GCSEs to a minimum of grade C in English and Mathematics (or equivalent qualifications)
You will be:
• Experienced in a role where you are expected to provide staff support, development, and motivation.
• Significantly experienced in communicating and collaborating with all levels of staff and able to demonstrate a proven ability to set and maintain standards for your designated service, communicating your own expectations and possibly the expectations of senior colleagues.
• Able to influence change and decision making by evaluating work and analysing the benefits, costs and risks of alternative scenarios.
• Personally well organised, with high levels of team organisation skills, including the ability to ensure deadlines are met by prioritising the work of yourself and your team.
• Knowledge of the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010, and how to actively ensure in day to day activity in own area that those with protected characteristics are treated equally and fairly.
Valuing excellence, sustaining investment
We value diversity and inclusion at the University of Birmingham and welcome applications from all sections of the community and are open to discussions around all forms of flexible working.
Type / Role: