OMNES Education is a private multidisciplinary higher education and research institution located in various cities across Europe.
The group provides its 40,000 students the opportunity to study across a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including MBA and DBA.
OMNES Education London School (OELS)
Located in Marylebone, OELS welcomes over 1,500 students every year and offers programmes in Business Management, Engineering, Communications, and Political Science.
We aim to:
- Provide students with high-quality learning experiences in an English environment to help them flourish in their personal and professional lives.
- Introduce students to new horizons and help them gain critical insights on international contemporary issues.
- Empower students to engage with our organisational values of Agility, Innovation, Global Citizenship, Exploration, and Professionalism.
This is a full time-role, and the successful candidate is expected to:
- Teach English modules across our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes (approximately 350 hours per academic year)
- Hold study and academic skills workshops
- Work as part of the academic team to ensure excellent service delivery
- Design module handbooks and teaching materials
- Design and mark assessments, providing constructive written feedback
- Support management with curriculum and module development
- Participate in boards and committees and help improve the student experience
- Monitor, evaluate, and assess individual student progress and achievement
- Deliver inclusive and high-quality teaching
- Fully engage with the quality assurance and improvement processes and procedures
- Form part of the teaching observation team
- Hold office hours to support students
- Proofread key documents
This list is not exhaustive as there may be other duties and responsibilities that form part of the role.
- This role reports to the Director of Teaching and Learning
- This role has no management duties at present but has potential for growth
Criteria: Essential (E), Desirable (D)
Compliance: Proof of ability to work and live in the UK E
Master’s in Applied Linguistics or equivalent E
CELTA or equivalent E
Commitment to excellence in learning and teaching & CPD E
Commitment to professionalism: reliable, flexible, and organised E
Ability to provide excellent, personalised support & feedback to students E
Excellent level of written and spoken English E
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills E
Excellent ability with Microsoft package and VLE E
DELTA or equivalent D
Qualification in HE Teaching e.g. PG Cert in Learning & Teaching D
Fellowship of Advance HE D
Qualifications/Training in use of modern technology for pedagogy D
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range of £33,000 to £40,000 depending on qualifications and experience
- Daily lunch allowance worth £2,000 per year
- Monthly transport allowance worth £1,680 per year
- 25 days’ holiday + plus bank holidays + extra days off between Christmas & New Year
- Flexible working available
- Training opportunities
- Regular social events organised
- To apply, send your CV and a cover letter via the 'Apply' button above or email email@example.com
- Use each criterion as a heading and provide clear and specific examples to illustrate how you meet each of these criteria
- Provide details of two referees
- For more information, contact Mr Mati Kaim, Director of Teaching & Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Wednesday 8th November 2023
- Interviews: Tuesday 21st November 2023 on campus