Salary: Circa £20,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
Basis: Full-time hours (37 hours per week), or possibly part-time hours (29.5 hours per week), permanent
The main purpose of this role is to provide high level administrative support to the contracts and compliance team for STEM Learning Limited (trading as National STEM Learning Centre), and there will be the opportunity for development of the role.
The post holder will display a positive and enthusiastic approach in their work and carry out work to the highest of standards with excellent attention to detail. An ability to prioritise tasks is a key component of this role, as is the requirement to communicate effectively with colleagues and external parties, and to sometimes work autonomously.
The post holder will work directly for the Contracts Manager and Compliance Co-ordinator, who in turn report to the Head of Finance and Compliance, and will play a key role in this small contracts and compliance team in helping provide a quality service for both internal and external customers of STEM Learning Ltd.
Specifically, the post-holder will undertake the following duties:
- To assist and support in managing and maintaining contracts on behalf of STEM Learning and the ENTHUSE Charitable Trust
- Preparation of contracts using template documentation
- Working with the Contracts Manager to manage colleagues and external parties’ queries
- Dealing with signature of contracts
- Maintaining, monitoring and updating contracts documentation and records to ensure completeness and accessibility for interested parties
- Assist with the administration of the information security management system.
- Monitoring and responding to queries to the Contracts and Compliance Teams and escalating matters as required
- Schedule and arrange internal audits including ensuring correct records and documentation are maintained
- Assist with the production and issuing of staff training and communications
Our Ideal candidate
- An education in the legal field or experience of working in contracts and compliance would be desirable but is not essential, as full training can be provided
- A high level of attention to detail while working to deadlines and managing a varied workload
- Good time management and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Experience of working remotely from a wider team using your own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to interact effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- A proactive, positive and enthusiastic manner and the appetite to potentially develop the role
- Advanced IT skills across standard administrative IT packages (eg Microsoft Office) and a willingness to embrace new technologies
- Excellent organisational skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a fast paced and varied administrative (or similar) environment
- A basic knowledge of data protection and information security is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- 30 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to a fantastic pension scheme, where employer contributions are currently 21.1%
- Access to a salary sacrifice and staff benefits scheme including: cycle to work scheme; health cash back plans; free eye tests; discounted vouchers
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
The National STEM Learning Centre & Network is a key UK resource for supporting STEM teaching and learning through provision of resources, on-line and physical networking and communities and partnership with a wide range of organisations and individuals. This includes driving forward on-going development of the STEM Ambassadors and STEM Clubs programmes alongside subject-specific support for all involved in teaching STEM subjects to young people.
There is no closing date for this appointment; applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are recommended.
- Your up-to-date CV, including your full postal address, email and contact telephone number
- A covering letter (no more than the equivalent of 2 sides of A4) explaining your interest in the role
- Contact details of two referees, including your current/most recent employer (please note, references will not be approached without your permission)