|Salary:||£44,215 to £48,021 per annum, inclusive of London Weighting Allowance|
|Placed On:||20th January 2023|
|Closes:||19th February 2023|
The Royal College of Art is the UK’s only entirely postgraduate institution of art and design, dedicated to teaching, research and knowledge exchange with industry. The RCA has been ranked the number one university-level institution for art and design, internationally, for the eighth consecutive year according to the QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2022.
Applications are invited for a Senior Infrastructure Specialist in (ILTS) IT, Library and Technical Services. The post holder will take the lead role in developing our Cloud, Compute and Storage capability including Microsoft Azure, Windows Server HCI and Windows and Linux OS Management. They will act as a subject matter expert for colleagues and will be instrumental in increasing the maturity of college IT Security and ensuring IT readiness for Business Continuity.
In addition, the post holder will provide a broad range of support for all Infrastructure Services including Networking and Identity and Access Management to ensure availability and to meet current and future user needs, along with:
· Extensive hands-on experience of Cloud, Compute and Storage technology such as Microsoft Azure, Virtualisation, Windows Server and Linux
· Varied experience within IT Infrastructure including Networking and Identity Services such as Microsoft Active Directory
· Experience of owning medium and large projects such as upgrades or the introduction of new services
· Knowledge of IT Security including current threats and ability to apply knowledge to keep services secure
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and to problem solve independently
· Experience of working within an ITIL and/or service management environment
· Proven customer service orientation
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with individuals at all levels
· Ability to work collaboratively with a team and/or with different departments
· Proven organisational, time management and planning skills with the ability to prioritise in a busy environment with competing demands
· Demonstrable commitment to keeping relevant knowledge up to date and to continuing professional development
Please see Information pack for more details.
This role closes at midnight on 19 February 2023
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A ROLLING ADVERT AND WE WILL BE INVITING CANDIDATES TO INTERVIEW BEFORE THE END DATE, THEREFORE WE COULD CLOSE THE VACANCY EARLY IF A SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS APPOINTED - SO DO NOT DELAY IN SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION.
Further details: Information Pack
Tell us if you need information in a different format. In your message to email@example.com include:
Type / Role: