Location: Swindon - hybrid working options available
A great opportunity has arisen for a Policy and Information Manager to join the Policy Information and Knowledge Management Team and play a key part in ensuring that MRC and UKRI effectively meet public accountability and support the implementation of policies and knowledge sharing initiatives.
Coordinate the provision of corporate information in response to a wide range of requests from external and internal stakeholders, drafting responses and the compilation, analysis and presentation of corporate information, working closely with colleagues within MRC and the UKRI Corporate Hub.
Assist in policy advocacy activities, including coordinating knowledge sharing in relation to key policies and stakeholders, as well as supporting strategic projects related to MRC policy and governance initiatives.
You should bring excellent information research and drafting skills, and the ability to build positive working relationships with a range of different contacts.
The role is varied and balanced, including responding to enquiries from a wide range of stakeholders with short turnaround time, as well as contributing to more long-term projects across the Policy, Ethics and Governance directorate.
- Researching and compiling relevant information, in response to requests from a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Drafting and agreeing responses, ensuring tone and content are appropriate, working closely with colleagues in MRC and the UKRI Corporate Hub, and ensuring that specified/agreed deadlines are met and appropriate sign off obtained.
- Monitoring key government, parliamentary and stakeholder announcements, policies and reports and summarising these as appropriate for MRC management and staff.
- Planning and managing activities to maintain MRC’s ability to respond to all inquiries in a timely fashion, including maintaining relevant systems, guidance and Standard Operating Procedures and providing training to colleagues.
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (S)
- Significant experience of information research and analysis, as well as report writing (S&I)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate presentations and written documents and present complex information to a wide range of audiences (S & I)
- Experience of working from first principles, exercising judgement and discretion (S&I)
- Ability to work collaboratively and to build effective relationships and networks with people at all levels, both internally and externally (S&I)
- Demonstrated ability to management of work area or project, including the coordination of input from different sources (I)
- Ability to influence and persuade others, and to negotiate diplomatically (S&I)
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills and able to work under pressure managing conflicting priorities and time effectively (S & I)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team (I) Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) (I)
- Good understanding of corporate governance (S)
- Initiated, developed and implemented revised working practices – committed to continuous improvement(S)
- Line management experience or experience of supervising staff in a matrix environment (S & I)
For more information and to see full the full job description, please apply via our website by clicking on the 'Apply' button above.
Please apply online, if you experience any issues applying for this role, please contact Recruitment@ukri.org.